We are for all girls
We are for all girls and young women, whatever their background and circumstances. We offer them fun, exciting activities and the chance to make life-long friends.
• We are open to all girls – of all faiths and none.
• Our groups are fully integrated to include girls with disabilities, we offer grants to ensure that they and their carers can join us on camps and trips.
• We employ outreach workers to encourage membership in hard-to-reach communities.
We give girls their own space
We give girls a space where they can really be themselves with other girls and share the experience of growing up as a girl in today’s world.
• We know from our research that being girl-only is one of the things our young members value most about guiding.
• Our Girls in Action project educates girls about sensitive issues affecting their peers around the world like violence against women, street children and girls’ education.
We give girls a voice
We give the girls the confidence, skills and information to make informed decisions. We show girls how they can speak out and take positive action to improve their lives and the lives of others.
• We produce the UK’s largest annual survey of girls’ opinions – Girls’ Attitudes – on issues from role models and equality, to university fees and plastic surgery.
• We have a dedicated youth advocacy panel called Advocate! to help girls speak out publicly about issues they care about.
We change as the lives of girls change
We are relevant to today’s girls because we listen to them and constantly evolve and adapt what we offer them without losing what makes us uniquely us.
• Twice a year Girlguiding hosts the BIG GIG – a massive pop concert for more than 20,000 Guides – with performances from some of the biggest and most popular current artists.
• Our camps, holidays and trips give girls the chance to try new adventures, from quad-biking, orienteering and abseiling, to zorbing, canoeing and zip-wiring.